The online hacker group Anonymous is claiming that they have uncovered evidence that ISIS is planning several more Paris-style attacks for Sunday in France, Lebanon, Italy, Indonesia, and the United States.
Anonymous spoke with International Business Times, and said that they passed the information along to the necessary authorities, but they do not plan on publicly releasing the proof they’ve uncovered:
If we share the proof [publicly], everyone will start calling it fake because screenshots can be edited and accounts can be deleted. We have purposely not shared account links publicly because they would be shut down immediately and then no one would believe the proof.
Here is the list of events outside of France Anonymous claims ISIS is planning on attacking, although they do state that the threats against these events “weren’t 100% confirmed.”
- WWE Survival Series (US)
- Feast of Christ the King celebrations (Rome/Worldwide)
- Al-Jihad, 1 Day Juz (Indonesia)
- Five Finger Death Punch (Milan, Italy)
- University Pastoral Day (Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Lebanon)
The alleged French targets are as follows:
- Demonstration by: “Collectif du droit des femmes” (Group for women’s rights) (Demonstrations are now banned, cancelled)
- Cigales Electroniques with Vocodecks, RE-Play & Rawtor at Le Bizen
- Concrete Invites Drumcode: Adam Beyer, Alan Fitzpatrick, Joel Mull.. at Concrete (Probably cancelled)
According to an Anonymous press release [sic]:
The goal is to make sure the whole world, or at least the people going to these events, know that there have been threats and that there is possibility of an attack to happen. Another goal is to make sure Daesh knows that the whorld knows and cancels the attacks, which will disorientate them for a while.
It’s tough to determine the accuracy of any of these claims, but regardless, stay safe out there, folks.